Instagram is really going after TikTok 👀
well, Instagram is really going after TikTok 👀 the platform says its algorithm won’t promote Reels that have a TikTok watermark 😤
It's been quite an exciting week in the social media world - SuperBowl ads aside, obviously 😉
Twitter has been speculating about the explosion in audio chat apps like Clubhouse and the incoming Twitter Audio Spaces, whilst Facebook is reportedly now in the process of developing its own Clubhouse clone - call me shocked 😅
If you're looking to get the latest and greatest in your eardrums, this week's "news in brief" features an exceptional guest on Clubhouse at 12.30pm GMT - come and join us, let's hang out together 👇
May the social gods be on our side,
LATEST PODCAST EPISODE 🎙
5 Social Media Trends to Watch out for From the 🦉 2021 Hootsuite Report
In this episode, I translate a 54-page report into fab-ulous plain English (as well as a sprinkle of sass), as I set off to summarise Hootsuite's Digital Trends report for 2021.
In this exciting review, you’ll find big ideas and quick wins, as well as new solutions to old problems - all backed by insights from the brightest minds in marketing and data from Hootsuite's biggest survey yet.
|LISTEN TO THE EPISODE|
A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS
HOW TO DELIVER A UNIQUE REWARD EXPERIENCE 😍
What sets you apart in a way that makes customers and your audience feel valued? Creating unique experiences for your audience can add an element of fun and tap into relevant dates (including national holidays and awareness days). Think about personalised gifts and special surprises, just like Fooji did when they partnered with Kraft to execute a one of a kind National Noodle Day celebration that gave fans nationwide the courage to send some steamy Noods.
Fooji is an award-winning brand activation platform that helps the world's most beloved brands acquire and engage fans. To date, Fooji worked with more than 150 brands, and delivered more than 500,000 total experiences to fans around the world.
To find our more about Fooji and their on-demand marketing campaigns check out some of their latest activations click here.
NEWS IN BRIEF
- 📣 Pinterest Rises to 459 Million Users, Posts Strong Revenue Result in Q4 - READ MORE
- 📱Deliveroo, Tinder and Wingstop, join forces to put singletons top of the 'pecking order' this Valentine's Day with the launch of a new two-day service called 'DeliverDate' - READ MORE
- 😢 Say what Instagram? The platform says its algorithm won’t promote Reels that have a TikTok watermark - READ MORE
- 📽 Looking to up your Zoom game? 4 smart tricks that make the Zoom chat function more powerful - READ MORE
- 🎧 Twitter on the explosion in audio chat apps like Clubhouse and the incoming Twitter Audio Spaces - READ MORE
- 🔔 Facebook is reportedly now in the process of developing its own Clubhouse clone - READ MORE
- ⚡️TikTok and diversity: At the heart of the TikTok inclusivity controversy - READ MORE
- 💕 According to new insights from Snapchat, around 70% of its users are planning to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year - READ MORE
DISCOVERY OF THE WEEK 📣
Fancy looking up some Clubhouse buddies' profiles? Access all relevant stats in a simple dashboard for any Clubhouse user, in real-time 🔮
|CHECK IT OUT|