Well awesome marketer, I am so excited today, I cannot even tell you (insert excitable GIF)
The reason of my excitement is that this week I am sharing with you an excellent interview with the incredible Mark Schaefer, who is an amazing human, incredibly inspiring marketer and overall inspiring businessman who jumped on a call with me to talk about EVERYTHING from marketing with purpose, all the way to cumulative advantage 📚
They say 'never meet your heroes', I'd like to disagree. Check out the podcast episode below 🎧
This week has been wild on social, as Facebook came out with its very new upcoming newsletter feature (say what?) 💌
If you love marketing and would love to get more marketing inspiration, check out the Alt Marketing School Club!)
Onto our news for the week,
LATEST PODCAST EPISODE 🎙
What is that difference that gives an idea, a person, or a business unstoppable momentum? In this episode, Fab talks to Mark W. Schaefer about his latest book, "Cumulative Advantage", and so much more. We are at this crossroad in marketing and bring in hope and purpose, and it's time we step up as marketers and be the change we want to see.
NEWS IN BRIEF
- 💌 Twitter just about had time to acquire newsletter maker Revue, that Facebook decided to jump on to the newsletter trend, by developing its own newsletter creation and distribution tools.
- 👋 According to new data from app analytics provider App Annie, closes in on 13 million downloads on the one-year anniversary of the app.
- 👻 Snapchat has published a new report, in partnership with Oxford Economics, which examines how Gen Z will become a key focus for marketers in the post-pandemic world. A greater emphasis will be put on skills such as agility, curiosity, creativity, critical thinking and problem solving, which play to the natural strengths of Gen Z.
- 🎤 Facebook has announced a range of new monetization options for creators, with a focus on short video clips (putting pressure on TikTok) thought for digipubs, video creators, gaming creators, media companies, businesses of all sizes and more.
- 🍕 Feeling nostalgic? Pizza Hut launched a campaign around the concept of “Newstalgia,” giving a modern spin to the brand’s iconic branding elements, including limited-edition boxes of large pizzas that will feature QR codes that, when scanned, allow customers to play augmented reality (AR) version of the classic game Pac-Man.
- 📣 Audio is the new video. In a truly un-shocking turn of events, Facebook is currently working on audio rooms, whilst Twitter confirmed the full rollout of Spaces to April 2021.
- 💬 Instagram is testing out a new ‘Closed Captions’ sticker for IG Stories, which generates automated captions for your clips, turning into a true game-changer for accessibility purposes.
- 🔥 Clubhouse has announced a new Creator First accelerator program, with the aim to provide financial support and expertise to a selected group of 20 creators, designed to help aspiring creators on Clubhouse host amazing conversations, build their audience, and monetize.
- 🧨️ Brands have found that TikTok can lead to easy product improvements if they can become comfortable with the tone of the app and put in the man-hours of listening to their customers there.
TO BOOKMARK: CLUBHOUSE DESIGN CARDS
Planning a Clubhouse meetup ? Invite people to your room with these Clubhouse cards for Twitter, Telegram and Instagram. Put your content in main artboard and get cards for all three platforms at once.